Young people benefit enormously from the experience of getting away from home and serving others. SSP has provided safe and challenging youth service projects for individuals and church groups for over four decades. Find out how you can grow your youth group with a service experience this summer.
Explore this page to learn more about what a trip with SSP entails, and let us know if you have any questions at (916) 488-6441 or by emailing Veronica Russell, our Director of Volunteers and Outreach.
The SSP experience includes a tradition of games, songs, and lasting friendships.
Safe & Dependable
SSP has over 40 years of youth service, leadership, and home repair knowledge, is dedicated to physical and emotional safety, and provides nutritious meals and spiritual support to all volunteers.
Youth take on complex projects, learn how to safely use power tools, and cultivate teamwork and problem-solving skills.
Working with others to strengthen communities different from their own allows youth to experience new cultures in an authentic way.
Community-based, transformative service learning experience
When and Where You Can Serve
Cost and Financial Assistance
The cost for a group to attend a week-long session ranges from $365 to $415 per person, depending upon the type of session and the location. SSP believes that all youth, regardless of their family’s financial circumstances, should benefit from the experience of serving others. Because of this, we have a significant scholarship program.
What if I’m not part of a group?
High school youth can also register as an individual.
What does a typical day and week look like at SSP?
- High School sessions
- Middle School sessions
- Combined Middle and High School sessions
- Intergenerational sessions
2019 Registration Timeline
- September 3: 2019 summer interest survey due
- September 5: 2019 summer program schedule available
- September 13: 2019 Summer Information Packet available
- October 1: Priority registration opens for summer 2019
- October 31: Priority registration period ends
- November 1:
- Placements for priority-registered groups announced
- First-come, first-served registration opens on MySSP
- January 15: Priority deadline for scholarship applications
- Spring 2019: Preparation details for the summer will be released to group liaisons
SSP has a team member dedicated to working with group leaders to ensure that they have a smooth, meaningful service experience. Veronica Russell, our Director of Volunteers and Outreach, is here to answer your questions about our programs and help your group prepare for their SSP experience. Call Veronica with your questions at (916) 488-6441.