Note: Days of Service are currently paused until Sacramento County reaches the “moderate” or “minimal” COVID-19 risk category based on California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy. We will be completing home repairs by working with contractors until it is safe to host volunteers in-person.
Volunteering with your Pod
Weekday and weekend days of service will be available for pods of people who live in the same household, and/or have received a COVID-19 vaccine. As we transition back to in-person volunteer service, we will limit groups to small pods of three to six people.
Youth under the age of 18 need parent permission, and youth under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Projects will be 100% outside and include yard cleanup, fence repair and replacement, ramp and stair construction, siding repair and replacement, and painting for low-income families. All interaction with the homeowner will be socially distant.
Masks will be required at all times while volunteering. After signing up, we will provide your pod with detailed COVID-19 safety protocols, including information about how to track any symptoms for two weeks prior to your Day of Service.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we return to in-person service! It is imperative that we all do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 within SSP and our partner communities.
Sierra Service Project Provides
- Preparation and orientation for the pod leader
- T-shirt for each pod member
- PPE for all staff and volunteers (work gloves and masks – feel free to bring a mask that fits you)
- A well-planned home repair project for your pod
- All project materials and tools
- Trained site leader to facilitate your group’s workday
- Portable toilet, replaced between pods
Available every day (weekday or weekend). We suggest scheduling four weeks in advance so we can coordinate with our community partners.
There is a small participation fee for Days of Service. As with all of our programs, group credits from summer 2020 can be applied (through September 2022), and scholarships are available. We hope pods will schedule a few times to serve with us!
- One Day of Service – $30 per person
- Two Days of Service – $50 per person total ($25 per day!)
- Three Days of Service – $70 per person total ($23 per day!)
- Five Days of Service – $100 per person total ($20 per day!)
Call (916) 488-6441 or email Sacramento@SierraServiceProject.org