COVID-19 Safety at SSP
Safety of every type – physical, spiritual, emotional – is our top priority. This is one reason we require all volunteers and SSP staff participating in our 2022 summer program to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
SSP’s Medical Advisory Council’s Guidelines
As SSP staff are not medical experts, we have assembled a Medical Advisory Council of medical professionals familiar with SSP’s programs. Please see SSP’s Medical Advisory Council’s Guidelines for COVID-19 Safety (below).
Prepared by SSP’s Medical Advisory Council which consists of these individuals:
- Sue Elam, NP, nurse practitioner at Kaiser Permanente’s Department of Medicine subspecialty of Infectious Diseases
- David Herbert, MD, President and CEO of Sutter Independent Physicians (present), Chief of Infectious Diseases, Director of Critical Care, Assistant Physician in Chief at Kaiser Permanente (1989 to 2015)
- Sophia Larriva, graduate of Emory University Physician Assistant Program
- Kelly Shriver, second-year medical student at Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School Of Medicine
- Katie Strong, RN, registered nurse at Michigan Medicine
To ask a question about SSP’s COVID-19 safety plans, you can email the Medical Advisory Council at MAC@SierraServiceProject.org.
Will SSP make any exceptions to its COVID-19 vaccine policy?
The council has determined that due to the voluntary nature of the program and our work in medically underserved communities, we are unable to consider any exceptions to the vaccine policy. Please see SSP’s Medical Advisory Council’s Guidelines for COVID-19 Safety.
COVID-19 Related Fee Policies
See SSP’s Summer 2022 Information Packet for details on COVID-19 Related Fee Policies. Stay tuned for site specific details and plans related to work teams.