Current Availability (spaces available):
Please note the program schedule may be subject to change by volunteer interest.
Summer Registration Timeline
- September 2: Summer interest survey due
- September 13: Summer information packet and program schedule available
- October 1: Priority registration for summer opens
- October 31: Priority registration for summer ends
- November 1:
- January 15: Priority deadline for scholarship applications
- February: Spring preparation timeline and details available for registered groups
To register, you’ll need your group type, total number of youth and adults, session date and location, and a $60 deposit per person.
What is priority registration?
- From October 1-31, volunteer groups can register with their top three to five choices of session for the summer.
- In early November, all priority-registered groups will receive their session placement. Once all priority groups are placed, sign-ups open to be first-come, first-served.
- With the priority registration model, 97% of groups typically recieve either their first or second choice of session. It also means SSP can ensure consistent volunteer numbers across weeks, help staff plan project completion timelines, and improve the volunteer experience on site!
- If you have extenuating scheduling circumstances that truly limit you to only one location and week, you can indicate this when signing up during the priority period.
How to register:
- All sign-ups are completed on MySSP, our online registration and volunteer portal.
- If you represent a new group, complete the New Group Login Request form. If you are a new liaison for a group that already attends SSP, email Veronica Russell to update your account.
- Meet with your volunteers to select a session before registering.
- Determine the total number of spots your group wants to reserve.
- Groups attending High School only sessions must have a ratio of at least one adult per four youth (1:4).
- Groups attending Combined and Middle School only sessions must have a ratio of at least one adult per three youth (1:3).
- Groups attending Intergenerational sessions should have a minimum of one adult per four youth (1:4) if bringing youth volunteers, but a higher ratio is also welcome.
- Be sure to confirm, using the table above, that there are enough spaces available for your group during your session of choice.
- To register, you’ll need your group type, total number of youth and adults, session date and location, and a $60 deposit per person.
- Your deposit must be received at the time of registration via credit or debit card online for your group’s spots to be reserved.
- We highly suggest collecting deposits from families in advance to encourage financial investment in the trip, and avoid drops later in the year.
Download the 2020 Summer Information Packet.
SSP's Group Registration Portal
Priority registration for summer 2020 will be open October 1-31. If you are your group's liaison, click the button to login to your MySSP account.
New to SSP? Welcome!
If your group is new to SSP, create a login request to so that you can register your group for SSP's programs.
Update Your Group's SSP Liaison
SSP has one primary contact with your group. To update your SSP liaison, email Veronica.