Join Us In Person Next Summer!
We are excited to announce SSP’s 2022 summer program plans! Youth, young adult, and adult volunteers will work with partner communities in (drumroll, please…) Smith River, CA; San Diego, CA; and Tsaile, AZ between July 3 and August 13, 2022! Participants do not need any experience with home repair work or power tools to volunteer. We are thrilled to return to in-person collaboration with our community partners.
Please note that a requirement to participate in our 2022 summer program is that all volunteers and staff must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Additional safety guidelines will be outlined in registration and preparation materials.
We are immensely grateful for the patience and understanding of the SSP community as we continue to navigate the challenges and needs of our youth and the communities with which we serve. We can’t wait to build with you again.
Who Can Serve?
Volunteers of many ages can participate – no experience required! Traditionally, our program is youth-centered. In recent years, we have added more intergenerational options for young adult and adult groups who would like their own service-learning experience.
- Middle Schoolers:
- Incoming 6th grade through incoming 9th grade
- Can participate in any middle school, combined, or intergenerational sessions
- High Schoolers:
- Incoming 9th grade through graduating 12th grade
- Can participate in any high school, combined, or intergenerational sessions
- Young Adults:
- Ages 18-22
- Can participate in any intergenerational sessions
- NOTE: Any young adults who graduated from high school in 2020 or 2021 are welcome to also attend high school or combined sessions
- Adult Volunteers:
- Age 23 and older
- Adults may either participate as a counselor to youth OR as part of an intergenerational group
- Requiring current COVID-19 vaccinations for all staff & volunteers
- Only exterior home repair projects
- Wait until closer to determine specific safety measures required
- Participation Credits:
- Now valid through September 2023 (previously September 2022)
- MySSP Platform:
- Undergoing system changes and more comprehensive user interface updates
- Expect significant changes over the next few years. This year may look like a return to manual processes while our system is built out.
Stay tuned for more details on the summer program in our information packet, in development now. In the meantime, watch our Summer 2022 Town Hall recording for additional context around SSP’s decisions and plans.